Thursday, February 23, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 26: Serenity

This post is quite early for this upcoming weekend. I am anticipating intermittent internet access. I will be in my home island for a delayed birthday celebration with my family.

FR-764739, Sent from Rennes, France
Traveled 11,043 km in 13 days
For the serenity theme this weekend, I've chosen first this card -- a woman with a tranquil countenance in her senior years,


RU-5218172, Sent from St. Petersburg, Russia
Traveled 8,974 km in 20 days
finding serenity in solitude; the liberty to be still, enjoy a good calming cup of tea, meditate, or slowly read a good book with lighted scented candles nearby, and

Sent by myself from Santorini, Greece
in renewing faith in each deep breath we take while witnessing the beauty of creation.

Have a great weekend everyone and I sincerely would like to express my gratitude to all bloggers and friends who have been very creative with the postcards shared for our themes this month of February.

Cheers,
~maria


7 comments:

  1. The second one is lovely and the first one really does look tranquil. I think this is going to be a challenge for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't like to wear that Breton hat in the sort of gale we had here yesterday. A most serene post. Enjoy your delayed birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting variety of different takes on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly me - I just noticed that I forgot to add my link for this weekend, and now the linky is closed. You'll find my serenity post here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I came by early to post my link, made a mental note to come back and comment and then forgot!

    I like the all of the cards, especially the middle one. Tea and a book sound quite serene to me!

    Thanks for hosting again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not an issue at all Helen! Looking forward for your post.

      Delete
  6. I love your selection. We coincided in choosing tea :)
    I've been twice in Greece, and I agree: I found there a lot of places and that make me feel serene. I'm looking forward to travel there again!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: